Wavefront Engineering, Software Engineering - Wavefront Engineering
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
How do you test a hundred million lines of code, every time a change is made?
Help us build highly scalable, low-touch systems to allow our engineering efforts to scale while decreasing risk and cost.
Use your engineering and problem solving skills to build new SDLC platform systems using cutting-edge technologies and design principles to solve challenging problems.
Take ownership - both of what you build, and across our broader functional area. Our software engineers work with stakeholders across the globe within almost every area of the firm.
Work on our multi-year greenfield initiative to build our strategic public-cloud regression test infrastructure, replacing decades' worth of legacy systems and streamlining processes for our client engineers across the firm.
THE ENGINEERING DIVISION
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
The SecDb SDLC Engineering team (Wavefront Engineering) provides development and deployment services to a large and diverse engineering community (circa. 3,500 engineers) that uses SecDb for running their products. We also provide services for the firm's control functions to ensure change management adheres to our quality standards and regulatory obligations.
We want to modernize SecDb SDLC services to converge on vendor and open source solutions used more broadly in the firm and are seeking talented engineers to help shape the future of SecDb SDLC and deliver it to our users. Key to our success is to maintain a shared and rapid development environment while ensuring the effectiveness of the controls required for safeguarding the change activities.
• Develop and enhance the testing frameworks that underpin SecDb's software change management processes for all the languages stacks SecDb supports.
• Help to uplift our regression analysis suite that helps to remove human investigation from the analysis of test failures.
• Partner with colleagues across Engineering, Compliance, Risk and Audit to improve developer experience and controls.
• Work with the broader SDLC team on convergence on a common set of vendor/open source solutions.
• Strong programming skills in one or more scripted and compiled programming languages
• Experience with regression testing as a developer
• Excellent communication, influencing, relationship building skills.
• Passionate about the software development process and facilitating high frequency/high quality change across a vibrant and diverse user community RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Design, develop, test and document high-quality code in a structured, disciplined, and fast-moving environment.
• Build relationships with stakeholders at all levels to help ensure we are building the best solutions for the problem space.
• Take responsibility for project delivery as well as wider ownership in our functional area.
• Apply a discerning mindset to production issues - always preferring a root cause fix over a temporary hack. SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Technical, analytical, and love to dive into detail, as well as keeping broader goals in mind at all times.
• Hungry to learn new concepts and technologies
• Self-motivated and able to work to demanding schedules as a sole technical contributor, as well as partnering with others.
• Not tied into one specific technology - we aim to use the best tool to solve the problem at hand.
• Demonstrated proficiency and commercial experience with one or more mainstream programming languages such as Java, Scala, Python, Go
• A proven track record of delivering projects
• Experience gathering requirements and interacting with end users
• Experience developing complex distributed systems
• Experience with complex debugging and root-cause analysis
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal: able to interact in a professional manner at all levels Preferred Qualifications
• Experience building test or other SDLC tools
• Scala ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.